School of Health Sciences at Odawara
Department of Nursing
Fostering nursing professionals with creativity and competence to respond to health needs in globalized societies
In this era of rapidly advancing medical technology and developing ideas of team treatment, nursing professionals now play diversifi ed roles in medical scenes. Well-educated and skilled specialists are in great demand. We aim to foster medically sophisticated nurses with the ability to make accurate judgments and who have good communication skills. In order to respond to the client’s individual needs, students are trained in clinical environments such as in hospitals and medical institutions. When they graduate they are ready to work as experts with knowledge and competence.
Features of Department of Nursing
- Our educational goal is to foster nurses with practical skills.
- Master Program and PhD Program are set up on campus.
- Our ultimate goal is to nurture specialists to fulfill the health needs in the globalized society.
- Fundamentals of Nursing Science
- Courses for Nursing Profession
- Theories and Methods of Nusing Techniques
- Laboratory Practice
- Clinical Training
- Nursing English / Family Nursing / International Nursing
- National Licenses
- Registered Nurse
- Public Health Nurse
(Additional application for Second-Grade School Nurses and First-Class Public Health Administra-tors is available)
- Expected Places of Work for Graduates
- Health and/or medical instiutions
- Community public health centers
- Health administration offices
- Home care nursing stations
- School nurses in educational institutions
- Health care clinics in companies
- Educational/research instiutions