School of Health Sciences at Fukuoka
Department of Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapists who can support the reconstruction of daily life based on scientifi c analysis and who can impress and motivate client
Occupational therapists support people with mental and/or physical disorders. Their goal is to restore their clients’ independence. Occupational therapists need to give clients confi dence and motivation to challenge themselves. In other words, their empathetic “heart” is required to effectively support their clients. We ask students to fi nd answers to the question of “how people should live.” Our courses include a variety of activities and game playing as well as theories and methods. Our aging society requires experts who can adopt new ideas with ? exibility based on scientifi c analysis. Our aim is to foster such leading therapists in order to promote and protect people’s lives.
Features of the Department of Physical Therapy
- Occupational therapists must reach out and influence people both mentally and physically.
- Occupational therapists are experts with practical abilities in clinical treatment.
- Basic Courses of Occupational Therapy
- Courses of Occupational Therapy Assessment and Intervention
- Courses of Adaptation Skills
- Courses of Occupational Therapy Applications for Actual Daily Life
- Courses in Compensation Skills
- Clinical Training
- National Licenses
- Occupational Therapist
- Expected Places of Work for Graduates
- Hospitals and rehabilitation centers
- Public health centers
- Health adminstration offices
- Nursing facitities and day-care centers
- Group homes,assisted living centers
- Community mental health and rehbililtation centers
- Centers for child development
- Educational institutions width special classes